Things We Learned From This Year’s Wildlights (our local zoo’s annual light display) Experience:
1) Wildlights = Good (but EFFING FREEZING) Times
2) I heart manatees. (And, apparently, faux, light-up flamingos as well.)
3) Animals do not heart the cold. (Most were asleep in their indoor shelters, so – more lights than animals.)
4) Tights, cords, thick socks, fur-lined snow boots, t-shirt, sweater, fleece, fur-collared coat, hat and gloves = still not enough clothing for 2 hours of Wildlights.
5) There is a reptile called a skink. J hearts skinks.
6) Definitely something to do on an off night. I heard the lines for this thing on the weekends had reached up to two-hour waits. (Oh HELL no – I don’t wait two hours for much of anything). We went on a chilly, weekday evening and had the run of the place. In fact, there were plenty of moments when we found ourselves completely. alone. (muah-ah-ah…) 🙂
7) The hot chocolate is at THE FRONT OF THE PARK. (Halfway through our tour of the zoo, we were jonesing badly for something toasty to drink; little did we know we’d passed the hot cocoa when we went left instead of right at the entrance. Granted, its discovery at the tail end of our trip made for a grand finale. Drinking hot chocolate with REAL whipped cream by a fire whilst watching the animated light show around the pond = priceless.)
** I hereby solemnly swear, from this moment to eternity, to never again use the word “heart” as a verb.**